I have been holding on to this post for some time, waiting to release it when the time was right. In 2012, blogger Sarah and the Goon Squad wrote a great piece entitled Things I Learned About Myself While Scanning Old Photos.
She featured 8 things that she learned and I loved the idea. I’m amazed that she kept her list to less than 10 things. In reviewing my list, I could have come up with hundreds of things. I’m sure that would be super boring, so I decided to cut the list off at 15.
1. I used to smile as big as my second daughter.
2. I have always preferred my hair long
3. This perms destroyed my hair
4. I wore a lot of dresses for a girl who hated dresses. Perhaps I didn’t like ugly dresses.
5. I didn’t know much about fashion.
6. But sometimes I had winners (okay, for the time…)
7. I enjoyed pageants when I was just having fun
8. I like having my pictures taken but doing it full time would not be fun.
9. I had more fun at activities with friends than with boyfriends.
10. I really do miss being in color guard.
11. High School became more fun when I cared less about grades and more about people.
12. I am so glad I went to Texas A&M
13. I love being married to this hunk!
14. Motherhood has been the most difficult blessing of my life.
15. I’m so blessed to have these folks call me mom. This is the best career move I have ever made.
Hopefully, this post will inspire you to think about your story, your personal history. Record your story in equal proportion to your ancestors.