At genealogy conferences, you have to eat. During the 2019 Texas State Genealogy Society (TXSGS) Conference, you will have a number of options within a short drive.
Blazing Family Trails themed family history conference will converge on the Omni Houston Hotel Westside in Katy, Texas on the north side of the I-10 freeway.
Simplify your eating options by adding lunch and dinner tickets to your conference registration. This allows you to socialize while eating! Otherwise, you can pick from the following options.
Eat at the Omni Hotel Cafe
The Cafe on the Lake in the Omni hotel offers breakfast, lunch and dinner options for those staying in the hotel. Breakfast options range from french toast to bakery items from $5-15. Lunch and dinner options range from $10-20.
Dining Options Away from the Omni Hotel
South of the TXSGS Conference
- To the south of the hotel and on the other side of 1-10, you can find Nihao’s Chinese Restaurant and Murphy’s Deli.
- Murphy’s Deli (http://murphysdeli.com/menu/) has breakfast tacos, muffins, and bagels for your early morning hunger. And deli fresh sandwiches and salads for lunch and dinner. You can order online to save time when you pick it up.
- Nihao Chinese Restaurant (https://qmenu.us/#/nihao-chinese-houston) has a delivery and a dine-in menu. Plan an hour ahead for delivery. Enjoy favorite Chinese dishes such as orange chicken, lo mein, Kung Pao chicken, and more.
East of the TXSGS Conference
- You can find fast food or dine in to suit your budget.
- You’ll recognize names like Sonic Drive-In, Beck’s Prime, Chilli’s, and Whataburger.
West of the TXSGS Conference
- You’ll find breakfast, lunch, and dinner including Lupe Tortilla, Waffle House, Brother’s Pizzeria and more.
- If you’re willing to drive further west, you’ll find more options at the Katy Mills Mall shopping area.
Fuel Yourself During the 2019 TXSGS Conference
You’ll surely find something to eat during the 2019 Texas State Genealogical Society conference so you can focus on learning rather than a rumbly in your tummy. These options are available while you site see before, during or after the event.
Many options will satisfy your taste buds and suits your budget.
Remember, you can add on meal tickets to your conference registration, and specify dietary restrictions, and keep your life even more hassle-free while attending the best genealogy conference in the south.